The Association 1901 status is a non-profit organisation. A 1905 Association is a religious organisation, but you have to have the 1901 status first.
Please note that churches are strictly regulated as to what money they can pay out, and many chaplaincies have a second 1901 association to manage their outreach.
Each chaplaincy is responsible for making sure that it is not contravening French law.
- For information (in French) about French laws on Associations 1901, click this link.
- Anglo Info publish a helpful page in English on the subject.
- For information (in French) about Associations 1905 (Religious associations) click here.
- For information about health care provision for priests (CAVIMAC), click this link.
The association Actes6 provides a lot of useful documentation for churches in France
- If you have helpful hints to share, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make them available.
- Service sheets in French (coming soon, please send any you can share)